Technical Engineering Apprenticeship15/03/2023 GCSE or equivalent English, Maths and Science (Grade A* - C or 4-9) Essential Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience
An apprenticeship with Ricoh is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain practical, industry experience and achieve qualiﬁcations relevant to your chosen career path - all whilst earning a wage!
- Our Technical Engineering apprenticeship encompasses mechanical, electrical/electronic and design engineering, which will help you to learn skills including:-
- Lean manufacturing and production engineering;
- Mechanical and electrical design of digital systems to help support onsite operations;
- Solve design challenges faced by our partners to provide customised engineering solutions;
- 2D and 3D design using SolidWorks CAD software;
- Additive Manufacturing - 3D printing;
- Injection moulding;
- Implement modern design printing technologies e.g. inkjet;
- Understand engineering's role in creating a sustainable environment;
- PLC programming and robotics;
- Electronics, PCB design and embedded systems development;
- In Year 1 and Year 2 you will rotate around departments within our state of the art factory to help you gain skills, knowledge & experience. You will learn in a structured, fun and engaging environment from a variety of dedicated mentors (many of which used to be apprentices themselves!). A selection of the above topics will feature in each business area.
- In Year 3 and Year 4 you will then begin to specialise in one of these key areas and complete more focused placements aligned to your area of specialism, your interests and the company need going forward.
- Your college studies will complement your on the job learning.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience
Qualification RequiredGCSE or equivalent English, Maths and Science (Grade A* - C or 4-9) Essential
|Location||Telford TF2 9NS Ricoh Uk Products Ltd Priorslee|
|Employer||RICOH UK PRODUCTS LIMITED|
|Sector||Engineering technician (level 3)|
Engineering Apprentice at Ricoh
I studied Product Design at A Level and really enjoyed it. Taking on an Engineering Apprenticeship seemed like the natural progression from that, and I’ve appreciated every minute of it. It is great working for Ricoh and being able to study at SCG, as I get so many opportunities, such as taking part in WorldSkills.
Business Apprentice at Kingsland Financial
I tried the Business Administration Apprenticeship without a lot of work experience or relevant qualifications and very little confidence. My employer gave me a safe and stable environment to learn new and different skills and liaised with the college which tailored the qualification modules to suit my job role. It was an excellent route for me because it gave me the opportunity to learn new skills I had never imagined I would be good at.
Advanced Carpentry and Joinery Apprentice
I have come to the end of my apprenticeship and have gained not only practical joinery skills but also life skills such as organisation and communication. I have learnt how to work safely and well in a team environment. This apprenticeship has been a brilliant way to earn and learn along the way and has set me up with skills and qualifications to carry me through the rest of my working life.