Engineering Technician Apprentice03/03/2023 GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or C and above) Essential Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Site Safety Awareness
We are expanding and would like to support future talent by training them to be part of our growing business. If you have a passion for engineering, a can-do attitude and proactively use your initiative then we look forward to hearing from you. We look after all of our employees with a range of benefits, events and wellbeing days.
The installation, service and repair of Vehicle Mounted Air Compressor
systems and Commercial Vehicle Conversions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Installation of engine mounted and stand alone air compressor systems
- Installation of electrical ancillaries and components
- Service and repair of mobile air compressor systems, ancillaries and components
- Carry out off-site service and repairs at customers premises all over the UK (occasional overnight stop out required)
- Assist in the test fitting and development of new products
- Assist in the development and updating of fitting instructions and technical bulletins
- Maintain and keep efficient stock for field service activities
- Maintain good workshop/company vehicle house-keeping
- Complete all job cards on our internal system in a timely manner, providing a detailed summary of work performed, and parts used
- Attention to detail and consistent quality in all stages of work and reporting
- Assist in warranty evaluation process
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Site Safety Awareness
Qualification RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or C and above) Essential
|Location||FEATHER BED LANE SY1 4NS SUN DOURNE TRADING PARK|
|Sector||Engineering technician (level 3)|
Engineering Apprentice at Ricoh
I studied Product Design at A Level and really enjoyed it. Taking on an Engineering Apprenticeship seemed like the natural progression from that, and I’ve appreciated every minute of it. It is great working for Ricoh and being able to study at SCG, as I get so many opportunities, such as taking part in WorldSkills.
Business Apprentice at Kingsland Financial
I tried the Business Administration Apprenticeship without a lot of work experience or relevant qualifications and very little confidence. My employer gave me a safe and stable environment to learn new and different skills and liaised with the college which tailored the qualification modules to suit my job role. It was an excellent route for me because it gave me the opportunity to learn new skills I had never imagined I would be good at.
Advanced Carpentry and Joinery Apprentice
I have come to the end of my apprenticeship and have gained not only practical joinery skills but also life skills such as organisation and communication. I have learnt how to work safely and well in a team environment. This apprenticeship has been a brilliant way to earn and learn along the way and has set me up with skills and qualifications to carry me through the rest of my working life.