Elementary Process Plant Occupations N.e.c.
Jobholders in this unit group assist the work of machine operatives and perform a variety of manual tasks in foundries, engineering and allied trades and in other process and plant operations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 913: Elementary Process Plant Occupations.
- Assists with the operation of furnaces and the preparation of castings
- Assists in setting up attachments on plant and machinery, and operates saws, shears or other equipment
- Conveys goods, materials, equipment, etc. to work area, assists in setting up machinery and equipment and prepares tools, lamps and other equipment for use
- Assists operative to mark out, bend, drill, galvanise, coat and otherwise machine metal
- Loads and unloads vehicles, trucks and trolleys
- Removes finished pieces from work area, paints or fixes identification labels or markers on products or containers
- Clears machine blockages, cleans machinery, equipment and tools, keeps work area tidy and clears waste and any spillages
- Performs a variety of manual tasks in relation to the operation of coke ovens, boilers and blast furnaces.
No academic qualifications are required. On-the- job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs may be available in some areas.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £22,000 per annum and can progress up to £28,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 9,315 employed Elementary Process Plant Occupations N.e.c. in the region.