AM2E (Experienced) Assessment
Assessments run all year round, please get in touch for current availability.
Who is it for?
The AM2E is for experienced workers who are completing the Experienced Worker Assessment (EWA). Much like the AM2/AM2S, the AM2E is designed for individuals, including apprentices, who wish to work as electricians or as maintenance electricians. By taking the AM2E exam you will demonstrate that you have the level of competence expected by the industry.
Candidates must show evidence that they have already gained the Experienced Worker Qualification when booking the Assessment. If your qualifications were achieved outside the UK, you can only take the AM2E as the final step in the EWA process – you cannot take the AM2E on its own.
What does the course involve?
- If you already have AM2/AM2S, you will only need to do an AM2E supplementary unit.
- If you do not already have AM2/AM2S, you will need to take the full AM2E Assessment.
How is the course assessed?
The full AM2E comprises the following sections which have to be completed within set time limits. Candidates will also have time to read the instructions and prepare before the test begins.
- Section A1: Safe Isolation and Risk Assessment - 45 mins
- Sections A2-A6: Composite Installation - 10 hours
- Section B: Inspection, Testing and Certification - 3.5 hours
- Section C: Safe Isolation of Circuits - 30 mins
- Section D: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification - 2 hours
- Section E: Assessment of Applied Knowledge - 1 hour
How much does it cost?
Please see our application form for the costs of reassessment in individual sections.
What do I do next?
In order to apply to this course you will need to provide the following documents which your training provider should be able to help with:
- A completed copy of the AM2E application form which can be found here
- A completed copy of the AM2E candidate checklist which can be found here
- A copy of your technical certificates from City & Guilds or EAL
- A Level 2 or Level 3 Technical Certificate.
Please view the Pre-Assessment Manual which is designed to help candidates prepare for their upcoming assessment.
AM2/AM2S/AM2E Assessment Training Day
We offer a one-day refresher course to prepare candidates for the AM2 assessment that is based on the candidate self-assessment checklists.
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.