Level 2 ACTIVE IQ Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music)
|Mode of study||Part-time|
|Duration||Please ring for details|
|Campus||London Road Campus|
|Start date||8 March 2021|
|Course code||PLR2CFE001 (2021)|
Who is it for?This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise to music sessions. This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2 and will be achieved in the context of exercise to music allowing learners to become employed within the leisure and fitness industry as studio instructors.
Entry RequirementsLearners must have completed the following level 2 units prior to the course (these units are achieved through a complete level 2 course such as a level 2 gym):
* Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise
* Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
* Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
* Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health Evidence of these units must be presented prior to starting the course – tutors may be contacted if a candidate is unsure whether they have achieved these units or not. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also a strong element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2. Experience in leading / participating in exercise classes such as aerobics classes is advised.
What does the course involve?Learners must achieve passes in each of the following units:
* Unit 5 - Planning group exercise to music sessions
* Unit 6 - Instructing group exercise to music sessions
The course is internally assessed through a portfolio of written evidence and a practical assessment. Additional Costs You will need to provide your own sports kit.
What do I do next?
If you meet the entry requirements for this course, please use the Register my Interest or Apply Now buttons or contact Course Advice on 01743 342333 to organise enrolment. If you are still undecided about the course most suitable for you, please drop in to one of our Advice Events, ring Course Advice on 01743 342 333, use our Live Chat facility or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees stated are for enrolment for the current academic year only. Courses which run for 2 or 3 years will be subject to further fees and possible price increases each year.
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.