Our Engineering department has been offering HE courses in conjunction with Staffordshire University for over a decade.
All our tutors have many years industry experience and keep up with the latest technological developments within their fields of interest.
Our programme routes exist to fulfil different expectations of industry. Engineers and technologists operate in a wider marketplace than they did 20 years ago. The abundance of computer software and hardware has altered their job function greatly. Roles have developed into multi-disciplinary careers, spanning the physical sciences, mathematics, information technology and management.
The courses we offer have been developed to help you work in this constantly evolving environment. Work-based learning is fundamental to these degrees and with their blend of vocational, professional and academic components, they will give you the mix of skills and knowledge that employers and professional bodies are looking for.
We offer workshops with over £1m of high-spec, industry-standard equipment with investment from the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), via its Growth deal with Government to develop one of three advanced manufacturing training hubs in the region. Our Festo FMS Industry 4.0 system worth over £125k, is a world first for a training provider and will enable our students to be at the cutting edge of specialist skills for jobs in the industry. Continued investment in our facilities ensures we keep abreast of this fast-changing environment.
After leaving us, our students have gone onto further academic study or to local and nationwide employment with companies such as Doncasters Aerospace, JCB, Muller Dairies, Shropshire Council, Stadco, the Police Force and the RAF.
Your employer could sponsor your Higher Level Apprenticeship, allowing you to get a salary and extremely valuable experience, as well as finishing your course without any debt.
Engineering & Construction Higher Education Courses
- HNC in Electrical And Electronic Engineering (Full Time)
- HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Part-time)
- HNC in Manufacturing Engineering (Full Time)
- HNC in Manufacturing Engineering (Part-time)
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (Full Time)
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (Part-time)
- HND in Electrical And Electronic Engineering (HNC 1-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Electrical And Electronic Engineering (HNC 2-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Engineering (Manufacturing) (HNC 1-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (HNC 1-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Manufacturing Engineering (HNC 2-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Mechanical Engineering (HNC 2-YEAR TOP-UP)
Higher Education Advice Events
Discover the Higher Education courses offered at SCG and how studying close to home can benefit you!
These advice events will focus on your chosen area of higher-level study and give you the chance to meet our HE teachers and other students interested in your course. You'll also get to know the topics you will cover on the course and the types of learning you will be using to complete the qualification. This is an opportunity to ask questions and find out everything you need to know about joining SCG's Higher Education programme.