Our Engineering department has been offering HE courses in conjunction with Staffordshire University for over a decade.
All our tutors have many years industry experience and keep up with the latest technological developments within their fields of interest.
Our programme routes exist to fulfil different expectations of industry. Engineers and technologists operate in a wider marketplace than they did 20 years ago. The abundance of computer software and hardware has altered their job function greatly. Roles have developed into multi-disciplinary careers, spanning the physical sciences, mathematics, information technology and management.
The courses we offer have been developed to help you work in this constantly evolving environment. Work-based learning is fundamental to these degrees and with their blend of vocational, professional and academic components, they will give you the mix of skills and knowledge that employers and professional bodies are looking for.
We offer workshops with over £1m of high-spec, industry-standard equipment with investment from the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), via its Growth deal with Government to develop one of three advanced manufacturing training hubs in the region. Our Festo FMS Industry 4.0 system worth over £125k, is a world first for a training provider and will enable our students to be at the cutting edge of specialist skills for jobs in the industry. Continued investment in our facilities ensures we keep abreast of this fast-changing environment.
After leaving us, our students have gone onto further academic study or to local and nationwide employment with companies such as Doncasters Aerospace, JCB, Muller Dairies, Shropshire Council, Stadco, the Police Force and the RAF.
Your employer could sponsor your Higher Level Apprenticeship, allowing you to get a salary and extremely valuable experience, as well as finishing your course without any debt.
Engineering & Construction Higher Education Courses
- Foundation Degree in Electrical and Electronic Technology (Full-time)
- Foundation Degree in Electrical and Electronic Technology (Part-time)
- Foundation Degree in Manufacturing Technology (Full-time)
- Foundation Degree in Manufacturing Technology (Part-time)
- Foundation Degree in Mechanical Technology (Part-time)
- Foundation Degree Mechanical Engineering (Full-time)
- HNC in Electrical and Electronic (Full-time)
- HNC in Electrical and Electronic Technology (Part-time)
- HNC in Manufacturing Technology (Full-time)
- HNC in Manufacturing Technology (Part-time)
- HNC in Mechanical Technology (Full-time)
- HNC in Mechanical Technology (Part-time)