The majority of our international students who live outside the UK and European Community are likely to be required to pay the fees as outlined below. Any applicant who is living within the European Community should read the section below ‘Who pays fees?’.
All applicants are requested to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £150 per student on submission of application.
Two Year A Level and BTEC Level 3 Courses
Tuition fees for 2020 start are £8850 per annum plus a £150 registration fee. The tuition fee is guaranteed for the two years of your course.
Tuition fees include:
- Dedicated Student Support Tutor
- English language support
- University application assistance
- Enrichment Programme (additional qualifications, team sports/musical activities – excluding music tuition lessons)
- Student Orientation Pack
- Required subject text books and resources
- An A Level or Level 3 BTEC course takes two years
- For A Levels the tuition fee is based upon three subjects. An additional subject will incur additional costs
- Fees are payable for the whole year
- Once studying has started, all fees are non-returnable
- You will be expected to open a bank account and have sufficient funds to support your educational and social trips
- Bank charges are not the responsibility of the College
Who pays fees?
The majority of our international students who live outside the UK and European Community are likely to be required to pay the fees as outlined above.
‘Home’ students are not required to pay academic fees. In order to be considered a ‘home’ student one of the following needs to apply:
- You will have been an ‘ordinary resident’ and ‘settled’ in the UK for three years before you begin your course
- You are a child of a European Community national and you have been resident in a member state of the European Community for the three year period immediately before you begin your course
- You are 16-18 and have accompanying parents who have leave to enter and reside in the UK.
- You have a full UK passport showing British citizenship and have been resident in the UK or European Community for three years immediately prior to starting your course
If you qualify for a place at Shrewsbury Colleges Group as a ‘home’ student there is a £150 administration fee (non-refundable), plus a £1500 fee which includes additional English language support. This requirement will be determined by the College. Accommodation fees are not included.
Please contact Liz Hird if you have any queries.