Shrewsbury Collegs Group are proud to demonstrate our support for the Armed Forces Community by signing an Armed Forces Covenant.
Principles Of The Armed Forces Covenant
Shrewsbury Colleges Group will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Demonstrating our Commitment
Shrewsbury Colleges Group recognises the value Serving Personnel, Reservists, Veterans and Military Families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public. We will encourage our supply chain partners to embrace the Armed Forces Covenant, recognising that it is good for business;
- Veterans: supporting and advocating support for the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; advertising vacancies with the Career Transition Partnership for Service leavers
- Service Spouses & Partners: supporting and advocating support for the employment of Service spouses and partners; advertising vacancies with the Military Families Federations; providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- Reserves: supporting our staff who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations; actively encouraging membership of the Reserve Forces from within our workforce;
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our staff who are volunteer leaders in Military Cadet Organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging membership of cadet organisations; supporting local Cadet Units;
- National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
- Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting our employees who volunteer to assist;
- Education: support the young people of serving military families with access to continuing their post 16 education through re-location.
We are publicising these commitments through our literature and on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.