Managers & Proprietors In Other Services N.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of managerial tasks in other service industries not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 125: Managers and Proprietors in Other Services.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements
- Ensures that adequate reserves of merchandise are held and that stock keeping is carried out efficiently
- Authorises payment for supplies received and decides on vending price and credit terms
- Examines quality of merchandise and ensures that effective use is made of advertising and display facilities
- Manages agencies to provide services out-sourced by other organisations and businesses
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate service levels to meet the objectives of the business.
Entry requirements vary according to the particular company and/or service. Some companies do not require candidates to have academic qualifications but others require a degree or equivalent qualification. Off- and on-the-job training may be provided.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £40,000 per annum and can progress up to £53,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 19,847 employed Managers & Proprietors In Other Services N.e.c. in the region.