If you are a thoughtful and caring person with good literacy and numeracy skills, our courses will prepare you for a wide range of careers including nursing, social work and working with children in a variety of settings.
The Health & Social Care sector is the third biggest employer in Shropshire and one of the few areas in today's economic climate with a growing number of vacancies. Our Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications will allow you to explore a wide range of health and social care issues needed to work in the industry. We also offer an apprenticeship designed to support you to meet the professional standard to work as a trainee dental nurse within the industry and register with the General Dental Council. Alternatively, you can progress to Higher Education with the Level 3 qualification. Work experience is an important part of our courses, with opportunities for you to gain an insight into a variety of employment settings including hospitals, care homes and schools.
Health & Social Care Courses
- Academic Cambridge Technicals
- Distance Learning
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Falls Prevention
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Principles of Care Planning
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid/ Advocacy in the Work Place Level 2
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Personal Care Needs Level 2
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- NCFE CACHE Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care
Previous school: Meole Brace School, Shrewsbury
I want to become a paramedic and the work placements you do on this course have helped me get my foot in the door and start on my way to my dream career. I especially enjoy learning the psychological side of Health & Social Care.
Health & Social Care BTEC
Previous Institution: Meole Brace School, Shrewsbury
Currently, I am a student midwife at De Montfort University in Leicester. Being able to study Health and Social Care and A Level Biology helped me prepare for university and provided me with the vocational skills and experiences, together with the academic ability, which gave me a significant advantage in an extremely competitive course and profession. It was the best decision I made choosing these courses.
Health & Social Care BTEC (History, Sociology)
Previous Institution: The Priory School
I took Health & Social Care because I want to be a primary school teacher. It is an assignment based course, so there is less pressure and you get to do amazing placements for hands-on experience and I went to a primary school. I will be going to study BA Primary Education after College.
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.