Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
|Mode of study||Distance Learning|
|Course code||PLR2ODL037 (2122)|
Who is it for?
This qualification is ideal for a wide range of learners who, with some existing knowledge of this area, are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating. It will be particularly relevant for those working, or intending to work, in settings such as sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or health care, providing specific skills and knowledge to support their role in the workplace.
This qualification aims to:
- increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- provide information on eating disorders
- increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
- increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this course. Good numeracy and literacy skills are advantageous.
What does the course involve?
The programme provides an insight into food labelling, eating disorders and the role of a healthy diet for weight management. It will enable learners to think about how their attitude towards food can influence and impact on well-being. It is an ideal programme to support continuous professional development for staff and encourages healthy living, which in turn benefits employers.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health, learners are required to successfully complete six mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 04 The principles of weight management
- Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 06 Principles of food safety for the home environment
This qualification could be what you need to improve your career prospects and get your ideal job, if you are unable to attend college on a regular basis. Distance Learning with Shrewsbury Colleges Group gives you more flexibility, allowing you to study where and when you want. All you need is a commitment, as Distance Learning is not necessarily an easy option, especially if you are already working full-time. We offer specially prepared course materials, which combined with help and support from your subject teacher make your learning experience easily manageable.
How is the course assessed?
To pass this qualification, learners are required to complete two formal assessments (one after each module) which are submitted to us for marking
This course is currently being offered free of charge. If, however, the learner withdraws early without reason, a charge may be incurred to cover the cost of the supplied materials.
What do I do next?
If you are ready to enrol, please click the enrol button at the top of this factsheet. If you would like further information, please contact the Distance Learning Team on 01743 342355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on where you live, this course may incur fees - please check your home postcode in our postcode checker above, to see if you are eligible for funding. Following your enrolment, we will contact you with further information on your study, submitting assignments and tutor support.