You will have the opportunity to study in our industry-standard workshops in areas such as MOT bays, vehicle servicing, maintenance, diagnostics, air-conditioning, electricals systems, health and safety and welding.
We work closely with many employers in the area including Greenhous Group, JT Hughes, Specialist Cars and Halfords to ensure that you have the best opportunity to secure an apprenticeship or employment either during, or once you have completed your course.
Motor Vehicle Courses
- Higher Education
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- IMI Level 2 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Principles
- Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (F-Gas)
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
- Level 3 IMI Accreditation Light Vehicle Inspection Technician (3 days)
- Level 3 IMI One Day Assessment Accreditation Light Vehicle Inspection Technician
- MOT Test Centre Management
- MOT Tester (class 4 and 7)
- MOT Tester Annual Update/CPD
Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair
Previous school: Abraham Darby School
I chose to come to SCG because they have the best motor vehicle facilities. All of my family are in the vehicle industry and my interest grew from there. It is an amazing course and I have learnt so much. It is hard work, but once you start putting the effort in, it gets easier.
Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair
Previous school: Shrewsbury Academy
I was on the part-time six week car maintenance course and enjoyed it so much that I decided to gain my Level 2 diploma. I think the course covers everything perfectly and I really like doing the electrics modules.
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.