You will need a strong interest in the theory and practical elements of sport and a desire to excel in a chosen sporting area or to help others perform at their highest level. We offer a Physical Education A Level and a wide range of vocational qualifications, with the opportunity to take a Level 3 qualification alongside full-time rugby or football coaching.
There is the opportunity and expectation to improve your team sports through the Wednesday afternoon sports programme and after College clubs. Career opportunities range from outdoor activity instructors, sports physiotherapists, the military, adventure training, management and leadership roles and overseas jobs such as skiing instructors and Camp America. Many of our students go straight into rewarding jobs, others choose to progress to university or our own HNDs in Sport or Outdoor Activities.
We are proud of our partnership with Shrewsbury Town Football Club, teaching their scholars at our industry standard facilities on London Road and jointly delivering the football and education programme.
Sport & Outdoor Activity Courses
- Academic A-Level
- Higher Education
- Level 2 YMCA Award in Group Exercise Instructing : Indoor Cycling
- Level 2 YMCA Award in Instructing Kettlebell Training
- Level 2 YMCA Certificate in Group Exercise Instructing : Exercise to Music - Freestyle
- Level 2 YMCA Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Level 3 YMCA Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 YMCA Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.