Level 3 YMCA Diploma in Personal Training
|Mode of study||Part-time|
|Campus||London Road Campus|
|Start date||23 September 2022|
|Course code||PLR3CPT001 (2223)|
|Runs on|| Friday |
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively
What does the course involve?
Learners must complete all six mandatory units to complete the qualification. This includes:
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness (assessed via an exam)
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health (assessed via an exam)
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions (assessed via a written assignment)
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients (assessed via a written assignment)
- Programme design and delivery for personal training (assessed via practical assessments)
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers (assessed via a written assignment)
What do I do next?
If you meet the entry requirements for this course, please use the Register my Interest or Apply Now buttons or contact Part-time Admissions on 01743 342333 to organise enrolment. If you are still undecided about the course most suitable for you, please drop in to one of our Advice Events, ring Part-time Admissions on 01743 342 333, use our Live Chat facility or email: email@example.com
Fees stated are for enrolment for the current academic year only. Courses which run for 2 or 3 years will be subject to further fees and possible price increases each year.
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.