Electrical, Plumbing & Gas
Skills for Building Services
Relationships are important to us and there’s nothing more rewarding than receiving a call from a company or ex-student who is ready to recruit an apprentice of their own. So whether you are planning to grow your workforce, update your qualifications or upskill in renewable technology, we have it covered.
With apprenticeship funding currently on offer at 95 – 100%, there has never been a better time to recruit an apprentice. We offer Installation electrician/maintenance electrician (Level 3).
Keep up to date with:
- 18th Edition – Requirements for electrical installations (2382)
- Inspection and Testing (2391-52)
- C&G Level 3 Award in Domestic EV Charging Equipment Installation (2921-31)
- Battery Storage
- Solar PV installation and maintenance
AM2, AM2(S) and AM2(E) Assessment and Training
Our recently extended Test Centre in Shrewsbury offers trainee electricians the final test to allow them to qualify through pre and full assessment training. To book an assessment please ring our course advisors on 01743 342333.
When it comes to recruiting plumbing and heating apprentices you can choose from:
- Plumbing and Heating Engineer (Level 3) Natural Gas pathway
- Plumbing and Heating Engineer (Level 3) Environmental pathway
- Gas Engineering Operative (Level 3)
Depending on the needs of your business and the age of your apprentice, both programmes ultimately provide the Gas Safe qualification as well as the plumbing and heating knowledge and skills the engineers of today need.
Keep up to date with:
Shrewsbury Colleges Group has a fully fitted ACS Gas centre offering a wide range of training and assessment including:
- Core Gas Safety - Initial Assessment
- BPEC Domestic Gas foundation training course
- GAS Assessment Training Days
- Gas Safety - Integrated Re-assessment
- BPEC Water Regulations
- Unvented Hot Water Systems
- Safe Isolation
- Solar Thermal installation and maintenance
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Underfloor Heating
To book on to one of these courses, please ring our course advisors on 01743 342333.
Work experience placements
We are always looking for work experience placements for our enthusiastic students - can you help?