Developing Augmented Reality in Youth Offender Learning
Augmented Reality can provide learners in youth offender learning with a more interactive way of learning, facilitate research, activities, instruction and information. These AR resources can give information on a range of instructional and skills-based topics that will be engaging and interesting. A 'trial' project of Augmented Reality will be needed in youth custodial establishments, with security and access a key factor and of major importance. The project will need to ensure that the resources are 'locked' from the outside world and access is monitored and within the security confines required for custodial institutions.
The project aims:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of using Augmented Reality resources for giving access to information, resource and instruction about a range of topics to custodial establishments.
- Investigate security and access requirements needed to ensure that the resources are 'locked' from the outside world and access is monitored and within the security confines required for custodial institutions.
- Extend and enhance the learner information experience using an engaging tool that enables students to use their own smart devices to access the content
- Develop high-quality resources using Augmented Reality as a tool to link to engaging information for learners that can be accessed in a range of situations (AR posters, leaflets, literature disseminated to institutions, etc.)
- Reach a wider audience as a result of the production of the AR resources
- Share good practice
- Undertake a review/evaluation of the project with an outcomes report
- Raise attainment in youth offender learning trans-nationally
Stay up to date with the project via the Erasmus+ blog.
Biblioteca Judeteana Antim Ivireanu Valcea
Centrul Pentru Promovarea Invatarii Permanente Timisoara Asociatia
EHC Brussels (European Humanity Center Brussels)
Her Majesty's Prison & Probation Service
Project Outputs and Evaluation
Output 1 Introduction of AR resources – A guide for Teachers and Trainers
Output 2 Introduction of AR resources – A guide for Learners
Output 3 Training package Teachers and Trainers
Output 4 Training package for delivery to Offender Learners
Output 5 Prison Induction Information Package
Output 6 Work Package for Security
Output 7 Guides to Education in prisons in Belgium