Distance Learning Courses
A qualification could be what you need to improve your career prospects and get your ideal job, yet you may be unable to attend college on a regular basis.
Distance Learning with Shrewsbury Colleges Group gives you more flexibility, allowing you to study where and when you want. All you need is a commitment, as Distance Learning is not necessarily an easy option, especially if you are already working full-time. We offer specially prepared course materials, which combined with help and support from your subject teacher make your learning experience easily manageable.
FREE home study courses
All NCFE / CACHE Level 2 courses are free* if you meet the eligibility criteria. Many courses have flexible start dates so that you can enrol at almost any time during the year and each course’s length is dependent on the number of modules. You will have an individual study plan to help you fit your studies into your daily lifestyle, allowing you to meet the deadlines for submitting assignments.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England and live in a postcode area that is eligible for funding
- Aged 19+ as of 31/8/22
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23) *
- Lived in the EU for the last three years
* Not required for Functional Skills courses
Please note: Functional Skills English and Maths courses have different eligibility criteria - please use the "Register my interest" form on the course pages.
Please only enrol for one course at a time, as you can only study on one course at a time.
Distance Learning Courses
- Teaching & Education
- Award in an Introduction to Neuroscience in Early Years
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Functional Skills
- Health & Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Cert in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Falls Prevention
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Principles of Care Planning
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid/ Advocacy in the Work Place
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding Personal Care Needs
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Business, Law & Economics
Opportunities for Self-Employed Associates
Shrewsbury Colleges Group is looking for dedicated Open and Distance Learning associates to join our team on a self-employed basis. You will be flexible and occupationally competent in the areas of Health and Business in order to mark a range of NCFE / CACHE level 2 qualifications. These roles are not employed by the College but engaged on a self-employed basis. If you would like to know more about these opportunities please call Caroline Thornton on 01743 342356.
If you have already completed a Distance Learning course with us in the past, we would love to hear your feedback via this short survey.
Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
With one in four people being diagnosed with a mental health problem, I feel it is important to learn more about mental health. I am halfway through my course and already I have a greater understanding of mental health and mental ill-health. Distance learning works very well for me. During the lockdown, whilst my salon was closed It was important for my own mental well-being to have the opportunity to learn remotely and since returning to work, studying at home fits in with a busier schedule.