During your time at College you may need some help with planning your future, whether that’s completing an application for university, finding a part-time job or researching a gap year.
The College has a Careers and Progression Adviser who works with students, offering:
- Confidential Careers Guidance appointments
- Help with applying to Higher Education
- Advice on funding for Higher Education
- Advice on college applications and Apprenticeships
- Support with finding work and applying for jobs
- Support with writing CVs and covering letters.
We also have a range of Higher Education courses that Level 3 students can progress on to.
Contact the Careers Advice Team
You will find the following useful careers resources at the College:
- A Careers Library based in the Learning Resource Centres
- All students use Unifrog, an online careers package which includes access to thousands of free university MOOCS to support your academic development and progression to university. If you are looking for some career ideas to match your personality, you could go to www.icould.com and try the Buzz Quiz
- This website also has a career matching area
- Moodle hosts careers pages in the Life After College section of Student Zone
- The College has Matrix accreditation for our Information, Advice & Guidance service.
If we are not available to help ….
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice, supported by qualified careers advisers.