Information on fees
To find out if you are required to pay any fees, please visit our fees page.
Your studies will probably prove more affordable than you think.
The Student Services Department will walk you through every step of financing your studies and make applying an easy process. Students of all ages will be able to access information on things such as course costs, transport costs, childcare and free meals.
Advanced Learner Loans for ‘Further Education’ Students aged 19+ on Level 3-6 Courses
If you are aged 19-23 and already hold the equivalent of a Level 3 qualification (which includes 4 AS Levels or 2 A Levels) you will be required to pay the full cost of the course and would be able to apply for the Advanced Learner Loan. If you are 24+ you will be required to pay the full cost of the course and would be able to apply for the Advanced Learner Loan.
This Advanced Learner Loan funding is easy to apply for, it offers a low rate of interest, it does not take your household income into account, it does not involve a credit check and you only start to pay back your loan when you complete your course and start earning over £26,575.
Furthermore, if you receive an Advanced Learner Loan to cover tuition fees for the Access to Higher Education Diploma and then go on to complete a Higher Education course, the government will write-off your loan for the Access Course.
A student who is studying at level 3 or above may apply to the Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund. This bursary can help you if you have any support needs, for example if you need help with childcare.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about loans, please contact Student Services
- To find out if your qualification is eligible for the loan, visit the Advanced Learner Loans Qualifications Catalogue or discuss with Student Services
- Read the Government factsheets on Advanced Learner Loans
- To apply for the Advanced Learner Loan, visit gov.uk. You will need a ‘loan information letter’ (LIF) in order to apply, which the College will supply you with.
To enquire about your eligibility for any bursaries please contact Student Services on 01743 342322 or read our Student Bursary Policy.
Students aged 16-18
The College can assist with some course-related costs, meals and travel costs. This is a means-tested bursary which is based on your age and your household income. If you are under the age of 19 when you start at College and your household income is under £26,000, you may qualify for the financial support. These bursaries do not have to be paid back so long as you complete your course.
Students aged 19+
Students aged 19+ studying their first Level 1, 2 or 3 may be able to get assistance with costs associated with travel, course fees and childcare dependent on the household income.
Students Living in Wales
Students who are between 16-18 years of age you may be entitled to Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA). If you are 19 or over, you may be able to apply for a Welsh Government Learning Grant (WGLG). You will need to apply directly to Student Finance Wales.
Free College Meals
Is your child missing out on entitlement for a College meal? The Government gives the College funds which we need to give out. Check the list below and you or your child can come and have a confidential meeting with Student Services to get more information and an application form if: Your child is 16-18 and your child or his/her parent gets:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided not entitled to Working Tax Credit ) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (rules apply)
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any other benefits you may be in receipt of.)
For more information drop in to Student Services or call us on 01743 342322.
Career Development Loans
A Career Development Loan is another option for financing your course. (The College’s registration number is 2541.)
Higher Education Student Loans
For Higher Education university level courses including HNC and HND, you may be eligible for student funding.