Gain the necessary skills to ensure that you are job-ready and equipped to become a skilled engineer able to gain employment, both locally and worldwide, in fields ranging from deep-sea welding to advanced robotics.
You can start your career with us by combining A Levels in Electronics and Maths in an academic programme with an engineering bias, choosing from a range of vocational courses or start an apprenticeship with an engineering company. Those wishing to enhance their careers can choose from a range of HNCs in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
We also offer a range of part-time welding and fabrication courses and bespoke training to meet individual company needs.
In 2017 we secured nearly £500,000 from the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership via its Growth Deal with Government to develop one of three advanced manufacturing training hubs in the region. The College continues to seek further opportunities with the LEP.
- Academic A-Level
- Level 1 Certificate in Engineering
- Level 2 Diploma in Fabrication & Welding
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Fabrication and Welding
- Level 3 Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
- T Level in Design & Development For Engineering & Manufacturing: Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- T Level in Design and Development For Engineering and Manufacturing: Mechanical Engineering
- Higher Education
- HNC in Electrical And Electronic Engineering (Full Time)
- HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Part-time)
- HNC in Manufacturing Engineering (Full Time)
- HNC in Manufacturing Engineering (Part-time)
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (Full Time)
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (Part-time)
- HND in Electrical And Electronic Engineering (HNC 1-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Electrical And Electronic Engineering (HNC 2-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Engineering (Manufacturing) (HNC 1-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (HNC 1-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Manufacturing Engineering (HNC 2-YEAR TOP-UP)
- HND in Mechanical Engineering (HNC 2-YEAR TOP-UP)
- Abrasive Wheels Awareness
- Introduction to 2D CAD with Autocad
- Introduction to 3D CAD with Solidworks
- Introduction to Autodesk REVIT for Construction
- Introduction to CNC Programming
- Introduction to Machining Metal
- Introduction to Welding and Fabrication
- Level 1 Award in Introductory Welding (3268 TIG)
- Level 1 Award in Introductory Welding (3268)
- Level 2 Award in Welding Skills (3268)
- Level 3 Award in Advanced Welding Skills (3268)
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Level 3 BTEC Foundation Award in Engineering (Bridging)
Foundation Degree in Electrical and Electronics Technology
Previous Institution: Llanfyllin High School
My Foundation Degree is funded by the engineering firm James Fisher. I’m learning so much and absolutely loving it.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
Previous school: Church Stretton School
I came here because I'm interested in Engineering. I really enjoyed doing my final project and having the creativity to come up with my own design and I have also enjoyed working with hydraulics. I achieved D*D*D* in my Diploma and am now going on to do an Apprenticeship. The teachers are helpful and the equipment at the College is state-of-the-art.
Level 3 in Engineering
Previous school: Holy Trinity School, Telford
Level 2 was mostly practical and this year on Level 3 there is a lot of theory and it's preparing me for university. I live outside of Shrewsbury and the transport links to the College are good.
A Level Product Design (Maths, Physics)
Previous school: The Priory School
Product Design gives you a lot of options for your future. I enjoyed the project where we had to make something out of a generic Ikea stool – I created an adjustable table. After College I would like to do an Apprenticeship with JLR.
Are you an employer?
See how an apprentice can help your business.