Taxation experts advise on tax matters and assess tax liabilities.
- Examines accounts of industrial, commercial and other establishments to determine their tax liability and makes adjustments to claims where necessary
- Considers particular problems concerning all forms of personal and company taxation
- Stays abreast of all changes in tax law and precedent
- Discusses disputed cases with accountants and other specialists
- Represents Government, client or employer in contested claims before tax officials or an independent tribunal.
Entry is possible with GCSEs/S grades or a BTEC/ SQA award, although many entrants possess a degree or equivalent qualification. A professional qualification is required in either accountancy or taxation. Training is undertaken on-the-job and usually takes approximately four years to complete.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £28,000 per annum and can progress up to £55,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 4,341 employed Taxation Experts in the region.