- We are happy for pupils to attend on their own, or they can bring one parent or guardian if necessary.
- If you are making a booking for a school please note that a school staff member will need to tour with each group.
You are welcome to wear a face-covering if you wish.
What you will see
Our campuses have been greatly expanded and refurbished to provide students with the best facilities, teaching and resources, as well as various areas for relaxation and socialising.
Each campus tour will take in common facilities, including:
- Bridges Cafés - where you can relax with friends, they offer hot and cold food and refreshments for a range of dietary requirements. Students can also gain work experience in the Food Service areas.
- Learning Resource Centres - each campus has a broad range of print and online resources, as recommended by your course reading lists, and are supported by experienced staff.
- The Agency - provides personal development through enrichment activities, sources work experience and part-time jobs, as well as offering career advice to support your progression onto higher education or employment.
- Student Services - offer help with travel, finances and health & well-being.
London Road Campus Tours
At our London Road Campus we have the following additional facilities:
- Origins – our fully-licensed commercial training restaurant provides Hospitality & Catering students with real-life experience in cooking and serving an exciting lunch and dinner menu to the public. Origins has the AA Rosette and Gold Award in recognition of its standard of service.
- Evolve Salon – a professional salon run by experienced staff, providing treatments in hair, therapies and beauty. Students with a Level 2 qualification are able to apply for part-time paid employment or apprenticeships at the salon.
- Hair & Beauty Training Academy – an industry-standard training salon for students to learn all aspects of the trade and offer treatments to the public at discounted prices, whilst being supervised by tutors.
- London Road Sports Centre – complements our sports students’ curriculum and its facilities are also available for other students to use at reduced rates. There are also work experience opportunities at the Centre.
- Engineering and Construction Centre – houses £1million of state-of-the-art equipment including a CAD suite, dedicated electronics classroom, carpentry & joinery machine shop and a large engineering workshop with fabrication and welding bays.
- Motor Vehicle Workshop – our industry-standard working garage is an approved MOT training centre with a full MOT test lane and the latest hybrid vehicle and vehicle diagnostic and repair facilities. Classrooms include various visual learning aids and test/diagnostics rigs.
- Performing Arts, Recording Studios & Production Suites – Industry-standard facilities and equipment including a brand-new iMac production suite and three recording studios. The studios all include acoustic drum kits, a wide range of bass, electric and acoustic guitars and keyboards. Our centre boasts a black box theatre which has seating for up to 100 people.
The tour will include our state of the art facilities and classrooms including:
- Computer Science Networking Facilities
- Dedicated Science Labs
- Geology and Electronics labs
- Sibelius Computer Suite
- Apple Mac suites
- Rehearsal & Dance studios
- Dark Rooms
- Fashion & Textiles studio
- Product Design Workshop
If you require access arrangements or a disabled parking space please contact the college before you arrive.
Please note there will not be the opportunity to speak to subject staff, however, our experienced admissions team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. We will also have information regarding transport, Additional Learning Support and financial support.
For further information please contact Admissions on 01743 260401.